Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yawn!

This entry's probably skip-able, too, but whatever.

First thing yesterday morning, the folks and I loaded up and went to the trash dump - aww yeah!!  The only reason I went is because they were going to Vogelsberg Donuts afterward, so we went, and it's a place Erich likes, and I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE!!  Oh well, just means I'll have to go back.  :)  It was my first time, and I liked them because when donuts were creme-filled, you had two options - the white creme, or the yellow, pudding creme.  I like the white and my mom likes the yellow.  So that was neat.

Next door to that is a frou-frou home decorating shop.  We'd ridden by the day before, and I noticed the neat display in the front window.  This isn't a great picture because of the reflection, but it's a bunch of chairs that seem to be precariously stacked upon each other.  I couldn't see any strings...



Came home from that, and it was time for Mom and I to take the recyclables to ANOTHER dump-type site!  I'm busier here on 'vacation' than I ever thought about being in Walla Walla.  While we were out we also went to the local farmers' market and to look for Georgia postcards; I'm not having ANY luck with those.  Mom also wanted to run into Belk's, but said we'd have to go home and change...I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt?  A) That's what I wear during the summer and especially while on vacation, and B) that's pretty much all I brought!!!

Came home from THAT, and she went to pick things from her garden - she's got a CRAZY garden!!  She got lots of tiny tomatoes and regular-size zucchinis and herbs.  She made real mint tea, which was fabulous.  While she did that, I tried to...LAY OUT!!  I know, I know, it's unhealthy, it's dumb, it's not me, but I'm getting tired of my MOM making fun of my white legs, so I thought I'd try sitting on the porch and reading.  OMG I'm so not used to this heat.  And what a dumb way to pass the time!  But I'm determined to get a little sun before I leave.  This is my view from the porch.

That's my mom doing manual labor while I'm reading on the porch and drinking iced tea!
Finished the day with a delicious baked chicken dinner and two REALLY strong bourbon and ginger ales.  It's all good.  Talked to Erich twice, so that was good, too.  The priest on base is from Pittsburgh, and knows some of our family.  It is such a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment