Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Near Tragedy

There were dead bugs ALL OVER the front of Hot Tamale, so Mommer and I ran her through a car wash.  Before we went in, she asked if I had a retractable antenna?  I said no, and pulled forward.  As soon as the foam and bubbles started I remembered...DAPPER JACK!!!  So we watched helplessly as he was pitched forward and backward and disappeared in the brushes.  He seemed to be hanging on ok until the last pass, when he was thrown off.  I pulled out, put the car in park, and ran back in to save him from the drain.  Yay!!  He looks a little worse for wear.  Maybe he should be renamed Hobo Jack.

While Mommer and I were safe in the car, I told her the story of how Dapper Jack got his name, and that he just HAD to survive because he was my partner on this roadtrip, and his name was even in the title of my blog!!!  (See, I haven't even told my MOM where to find this - hahaha!!)  She looked at me for a minute and said, 'You know you're weird, right?  You know there's nothing wrong with being normal?"  Hmph.  I replied that I am the most normal person I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment