Saturday, June 25, 2011

Skip

I know y'all don't want to read about EVERYTHING I do, because yesterday was BORING.  That's why I've only told 4 people about this blog, and one of them's Erich, and he can't read it.  But I like to write, so I'm going to, but if you get half-way through this and can't finish it (or fall asleep), you won't hurt my feelings.

Have been sleeping WEIRD.  Won't say that I haven't been sleeping well, but my nighttime sleeps are shorter than normal, which causes me to take awesome, LONG naps in the afternoon...  I should try to break the pattern, I guess.  Anyway, woke up at 5:48, and that was it.  Couldn't get back to sleep.  Stayed in bed while I finished one book and started another.  It's an easy, sometimes trashy (!!) series - perfect for vacation.  Umm, washed my hair (see, I TOLD you it was going to be boring!), examined the lovely ZIT on my cheek that seemed to be growing before my eyes...  Nice, I know.

My dad was at work, and Mommer was at the gym, so I had the place to myself.  Came downstairs and found the Topp Twins on my iTunes while I wrote thank you notes.

Today was Blaise's last day at Art Camp, so we had to go pick him and all of his 'art' up.  Jo is so funny - when she signed Blaise up for this, she thought he'd be doing painting and traditional art.  Nope.  It was all about using recycled materials, so he had an eel made out of plastic bottles that I swear was 6 feet long, and a HUGE paper mache fish...and all sorts of things that she was not excited about bringing home.  So of course I egged him on  - "Oh Blaise, that eel is going to look SO COOL hanging from the ceiling in your room", and things like that.

Me and Blaise with his paper mache fish.  He didn't tell me until AFTER I'd grabbed it and held it all against my shirt and pants that he'd just finished painting, and so there's might be some wet spots...
Dropped my phone TWICE.  The first time I broke the protective plastic cover, and the second time the backlight wouldn't go off.  It finally did hours later.

Dad took us all (Jo and the boys, too) to dinner at Longhorn.  I don't eat a lot of beef, but this summer I'm doing things that I normally don't, so I ordered a big ol' steak, and it was fabulous.  (On that note, Mommer's been asking me to get a (barf) PEDICURE with her, and I initially told her NO!, but remembered what this summer is all about, and so told her to make an appointment.)

All of us at Longhorn

Then we went to K-Mart to get a Spirograph.  Remember Spirograph?  Rowen loves to draw, and my dad and I got to talking about that toy the other night, but we couldn't remember what it was called, so guess what I did?  Nope.  Un-unh.  JUST LET ME TELL YOU!!  I Googled "art toy plastic circles", and got Spirograph!!!  Google cracks me up.

Blaise as the Green Lantern

While we were in the restaurant, a rain storm came through.  It let up to let us get in and out of K-Mart, but by the time we got home, it was CRAZY with wind and thunder and lightning.  I talked my folks into sitting on the porch, but that didn't last long before we started to get damp.

And then I came in and read some more.

And that was my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment