Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day WHATEVER - folks' in Carrollton, GA

I'm in Georgia!!!  Made it here on Monday.  It seemed like the drive took FOREVER.  I stopped a lot.  I made it here around 4, and we had my mother's best dish - fend for yourself!!!  Then we went over to visit Jo (my sister-in-law), and her boys, Blaise and Rowen. 

Tuesdays and Thursdays are kid dollar movies at the local theater.  Blaise, the oldest, is in Art camp this week, so Mom and I took Rowen to see "Kitty Galore", one of those computer animated movies about cats and dogs.  I guess it was ok...I fell asleep!!  Rowen asked me to sit in the back seat with him on the way to the show, so of course I did, and we played with the action figures he brought.



On Tuesday nights, my dad teaches a class at a satellite campus.  Mom and I rode with him.  They took me to a Cuban restaurant for dinner (no picture, but it was delicious!  Every meal got a side of plantains, which I love.).  We then dropped off Dad, and Mom and I went SHOPPING!!  Aww yeah!!  I got a sweater for $1.46 at Old Navy - how crazy is that?!?  I also bought myself a pair of those Adidas sandals with the nubs on the soles.  OMG, I love THEM, too.  When I take them off and walk on my folks' carpet, it feels like I'm walking on marshmallows.  Or what I imagine it feels like to walk on marshmallows.  Also got a pair of earrings that are already fabulous, but come holiday season?  (head shaking)  They will be SUPER fabulous.

Me and Mommer being silly in the shop where I bought the fabulous earrings.  The apple didn't fall far from the tree...

My $1.07 scarf!!!  Oh, and there are my earrings.
 Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday...  What did I do on Wednesday?  I know I've taken lots of naps and read lots, and I know I did SOMETHING else, just can't remember right now.

Blaise was spending the night at a friend's house, so Rowen and Jo went to dinner with us.  My dad asked Rowen (who's 5) what he wanted for dinner, and he said "RIIIIBBBBSSS".  He cracks me up!!!  So we went to a bar-b-que joint, which worked out, because I needed to have Southern bar-b-que at some point on this trip.  Bar-b-que and sweet tea?  Do I need to tell you how good it was?
Bar-b-que plate
 Then...after dinner...we went to Bruster's.  Bruster's is only the best ice cream in the whole world.  They say it's made fresh every day.  I don't know, and don't really care.  My favorite flavor is Birthday Cake, which is a whole different animal from Cake Batter - don't even try to compare the two.  Birthday Cake has blue icing swirls through it.

Birthday Cake ice cream from Bruster's - I wish I had the cup turned so the name showed!!


Jo and Rowen came back in the house and we visited for awhile and it was nice.  I let Rowen pick from all of the postcards that I've collected so far on this trip to send to his dad.  Well, he picked one to send to Erich, and TWO for himself.  That was not how that was supposed to work.

Today (Thursday, yay!  I'm current) Mom and I went to IHOP for a good-bye breakfast for my Dad.  He's not really going anywhere - he's just done with his job as Interim Associate Dean and will continue to teach.  I had to MEET lots of people, which is not my favorite thing, but they were all very nice and it was fine.  I had an omelet that - once I covered it in hot sauce - was pretty good.

Went to the Thursday dollar show with Jo and Rowen.  Today was "Ramona and Beezus" and...I fell asleep again!!!  The soundtrack for the parts that I was awake for was good.

Umm, Mom and I went to Hobby Lobby and the new Dollar Tree, and while we were in there, it started to RAIN like I haven't seen in years.  It was neat.  Nothing much else exciting.  Which is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment