Sunday, June 5, 2011

Probably should wait...

Just got home from a bar-b-q at my boss' house.  Started at 3, by 4 I'd drunk my first beer (and for those of you that know me, that's saying something), then I switched to two cherry limeades with vodka (2 shots each), and THEN the hostess insisted that I try some cinammon whiskey.  That stuff was AWESOME.  That's what I think I'm feeling!!  (Of course, after everything I drank, who's to say that it was JUST the cinammon whiskey?)  Anyway, I'm home now and I'm...going to put a blue streak in my hair.  This is not a drunk thing; I've been thinking about it forever, and once I decided that I was NOT going to get my hair cut this Friday for Locks of Love (that's another story), I decided I'd do some crazy color.  Don't worry - it's not permanent.  But I still probably shouldn't do it under the influence.  Oh well.  Here goes nothing.


26 minutes later...
Sitting here, waiting for the dye to set.  I don't know that it's going to work.  I think that my hair is too (gasp!) dark.  There were several steps that I was SUPPOSED to do before applying the dye that I skipped, and one of them was to bleach the hair that I wanted to color.  I didn't want to go through all that.  We'll see.  I just need to be super careful that for the next 20 minutes I'm aware of where that strand is, so I don't accidentally put a blue stripe across my forehead or cheek; that would not be cool.


and 45 more minutes later...
IT MIGHT HAVE WORKED!!!  I left the dye in for 30 minutes AND blow dried it a little, so when I went to rinse it out I was super excited because my hair was BLUE.  Well, the directions said to rinse until the water ran clear, and I was NOT excited as I saw blue and blue and blue go down the drain.  But now it's been a few minutes and I might see a streak.  And just FYI, I did tell my boss I was going home to do this, and he didn't object.  I figure my last day with the students is tomorrow, who's going to care?


Next day...
It worked!!  And I'll only admit this to you, but it might have worked TOO well!!  Actually, that's not the problem.  The color is beautiful and perfect, I just might have grabbed more hair than I would have done stone cold sober.  :)  I don't think it's shocking.  I need for a friend to see it so I can get a real opinion.  I might end up really liking it.  I'll try posting a picture later, so I can experiment doing that on this blog as well.

Going to try to add a picture...

Man, that's big!!  But that's it.  The hair gets even brighter blue as it gets closer to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment