Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wes Man's Diner in White, GA

Ok.  Ok, ok, ok...  (If you know me, I think I have a habit of saying that when I'm excited about something but not real sure how to start.)  The website roadsideamerica.com is the reason that I've stopped at several of tme locations that I have on this trip so far - the giant Van Gogh, the Underground Salt Museum, Museum of Funeral History...  In White, GA there is a diner with an old truck out front.  The truck is repainted EVERY DAY with a new message.  EVERY DAY?!?  It's been painted over 2000 times.  The doors are painted shut.  Anyway, I called to confirm that they were still doing it, and yep, they just needed to know what I wanted to say on what day!  How cool is that?!  The message is usually "Happy Birthday", which explains the top line.  My family and I debated lots on our message, but finally decided we didn't want to single out Erich, because we do, in fact, support ALL of the troops, and Erich probably wouldn't want that anyway.  So here's what I asked for -

(the Foulkes are our friends from Manchester)

There are a TON of before pictures on my dad's camera...the only shots on my phone are from after the meal, when I put on this FABULOUS (but not necessarily flattering) neon orange t that says "I Got My Name On Wes Man's Truck".

The boys wouldn't put their new shirts on; Rowen said his was 'scratchy'.
Before we went, Mom asked me to go online to check out the menu?  ...sigh... (head shaking)  Umm, Wes Man's Diner isn't the sort of place to have a website?  But I went anyway and found loads of reviews, and not a single one was negative.  One said they had very VERY good sweet tea, and that was all I needed.  I got a meat and 3, and ALL of my 3 were fried!!  I got fried green tomatoes, fried corn and fried mac-n-cheese (c'mon...I HAD to try that?!).  Food was good, neat atmosphere, and of course the truck...  It was worth the hour drive.

Came home and Blaise and Wally and Jo went fishing.  Rowen and I played with the worms.  Ok, I watched Rowen play with the worms.




Wally and a HUGE fish!! (comparatively speaking)

We were describing what we saw in the clouds, and I SWEAR (and everyone agreed with me) the little blob of cloud in the top middle of this pic looked like the Marine emblem.

No comments:

Post a Comment