Tuesday, July 5, 2011

NATIONAL HOLIDAY MY A@#$!!

Umm, guess how I spent my 4th of July?!  Yep, more MANUAL LABOR!!  Yesterday it was windows and dusting, and today it was the toilet and bathtub.  Sigh.

We did go to O'Charley's for dinner, and I had another fabulous hamburger!!  What's up with me and the hamburgers?!  It was good.  Then we went to (drumroll, please)...BRUSTER'S!!!  And I got...birthday cake.  I know, I know, but it's my FAVORITE.  Then Jo and I took the boys to see fireworks.  When we went for ice cream, we saw people already parked in a lot across the street, and we figured they must know what they're doing, right?  Right?!  Well, it was ok.  There was just so much light from the street lamps, and the fireworks were behind the shopping center, so sometimes we didn't get the full effect.  I'm not trying to complain (swear); I'm just saying that as far as a fireworks' "experience", it wasn't awesome.  It was fun to hang out with Jo and the boys, though.  She and I put up camping chairs in the back of the truck and sat while the boys ran around - I don't know that I've ever done that before!


At Bruster's, they used to leave chalk out all of the time, but people drew and wrote nasty things, so now you have to ask for it.

Rowen is our artist.  He said this was a ghost angel.

Next door to Bruster's is a Sears, and Blaise was trying to convince us that he really, really needed this.

Eat your heart out!!

"See, Rowen wants it, too!!"

Our view from the Kroger parking lot.  I swear there's a firework going off, but you can't see it for the lights.



So Rowen drank a bottle of blue Gatorade HOURS before this picture was taken, and he had the COOLEST BLUE MOUSTACHE!!  I wish I'd thought to take a picture earlier.
Today...I took the boys to the dollar show ALL BY MYSELF.  I know, I know...  It was "Marmaduke", and I bought them popcorn AND a drink.  Hey, that's what favorite aunts are supposed to do!  It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment