Sunday, August 12, 2012

My New Favorite Things

Didn't have internet last night, so I've got 2 days to catch you up on!!


When I checked into the hotel in...New Hampshire?  Two nights ago?  The receptionist said she had 2 more rooms to rent and then she was done for the night.  Well, she rented them alright...to SIX HARLEY RIDERS!!  Now - before I offend anyone - I know and love at least 3 Harley riders, and they are fantastic people, but they are also...fun loving people!  I heard these guys come in at 9:30, and decided to try earplugs, and they worked!!!  I heard nothing until I took them out at 1:30am and realized they were still partying on the patio.  One in particular kept saying "Whoooo", kind of like the Marine "Hoo-ah", but without the 'ah' part.  Anyway, I put the earplugs back in and went back to sleep, which is why earplugs are my new favorite things. 

 Can't see, but there are cans and bottles.  I hope they picked them up before they left.


Right around the Maine line, I SAW A MOOSE!!  People just pulled over on the highway.  Can't seem him, but I swear he's there.  I also saw a deer and several turkeys!

RoadsideAmerica stop #31 - Transmission Shop Victim in Bethlehem, NH.  How funny is this??

Stopped at Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory in Waterbury, VT to get a smashed penny.  It was like an amusement park, and they were charging $4 to do the factory tour, so I got my penny and left.

I stopped in Burlington, VT to see some winged monkeys on top of the train station and the monument to the Lake Monster, but couldn't find parking anywhere close to them.  However, I did see this, and since my friend Bob calls me "Sailor Jerry" (I can't even remember how that started), I wanted to take a picture.  I ended up walking aound their cute pedestrian only street.

They've got a bear thing going, with a decorated bear on every block.

This was one of the bears on display!!

Took my 3rd ferry of the summer from VT to NY, and there was a wedding party on board.  Has anyone watched "Harper's Ferry" on Netflix?!  Starts out the same, ends up with just about everyone DEAD.

 Me on the ferry.

Me at Lake Placid.  Had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant.  The waiter reminded me of a young Rocky, and gave me a great deal on a burger and a Bud.  (Because he swapped out the Bud for something that I could actually drink!)


 Funny name.


My room last night.  It was rainy and dark when I pulled in, but the room was nice.

There was no lock on the door other than the hotel key?!  So this was my burglar (that word doesn't look right?) alarm.

So this is where I stayed!

 Different, but fine.  On this return trip, all of my rooms have had real keys (rather than cards).

Only picture worthy site I could find in Rome?

Unexpected stop - NIAGRA FALLS!!  Took about 100 pictures, chose this one for the crazy hair.

RoadsideAmerica stop #32 - Where the Ducks walk on the Fish, Linesville, PA.  Carp in a manmade lake that gather to eat bread, and there are so many of them, ducks are able to walk over the collected fish to also grab the bread crumbs!

Ok, I know I have some other stories to tell, but I'm tired.  Hope everyone's well -

2 comments:

  1. You sure do like to travel a lot! And yes, for travelers, ear plugs are a must! You never know when you’re gonna have some noisy people sleeping next to your room, so it’s always best to be prepared. After all, it’s more enjoyable to travel when you’ve had a good sleep and you feel energized.

    Darren Mcandrews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren -

    You did NOT attach a link to ear plugs?? That's funny!

    Yes, I LOVE to travel! I need to find some way to turn it into a job. My trip last summer took me to the few remaining states that I'd never visited, so I don't know what I'm going to do this summer?? Maybe a ferry to Alaska...

    AND, I've found a reason to use the ear plugs at home! I live near several churches, and some of the congregants have found the small, hidden parking lot behind my house. I've started going to bed with ear plugs on Saturday nights so I don't hear the people who are attending early services on Sunday mornings as they walk past my bedroom window!

    Probably way more info than you needed or wanted, but (shrug) I'm a rambler. :)

    Hope you have a nice (long?) weekend -

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete