Thursday, August 16, 2012

Home Sweet HOME!!!


I drove NINE HUNDRED FOURTEEN MILES TODAY!!!  I left my crazy hotel at 6.  Here's the story with that -

There were 3 hotels in Wolf Lodge.  One was abandoned, the nicest one was full, and he referred me to the 3rd.  The 3rd says, "Well, there are no rooms HERE, but we have some vacancies at our other location..."  You know what's coming?  Yep!  The one I thought was abandoned!!  The woman assured me it was clean, but there was no staff there, so if I called 0, I got the hotel down the road.  Weird, but of course it ended up ok.

 Who wouldn't think that was abandoned?!

 Doesn't look so bad with cars in the parking lot.

 Room was fine, but AGAIN no additional lock on the door!  That's at least the 3rd room I had this trip with only one lock!  Not cool.

 Too bad it was 6am, otherwise I SO would have gone in this bar.

 Dinosaur statues on a hill while going 70mph.

 I did a u-turn for this one - the colored material caught my eye.  Description below.  I want everyone to notice that I did NOT do a self-portrait with this sacred site.



 Stopped for breakfast at Deb's Diner in Harlem, MT.  I sat at the bar (of course), and noticed this donut with the heart-shaped hole.

 THIS WAS MY BREAKFAST!  Now, I've got to be honest and tell you that the hashbrowns and eggs were not good, but the bacon was the BOMB.

 Metal dinosaur statue on the side of the road.  Did a u-ey for this one, too.  (Didn't have the best day for pictures.  I could not get things lined up for the life of me!)

 I know some of you are saying, "Now I KNOW those are not the glasses Bridget's been wearing for the last 7000 miles..."  Well, you're right.  When I got in my car after breakfast, I sat on my original pair.  I LOVED those glasses!  And I got them at Grocery Outlet, so you know I'll never find another pair like them again.

 So the town before Cut Bank was Shelby, and it was the cutest town EVER.  I'd just about decided that I could move there, when I saw this penguin.  If Shelby is anywere NEAR the 'Coldest Spot in the Nation', then I'll pass.

See the man on the wall of the building?  It's just a statue really.  And here is another photo that I just couldn't get right...


I also got 2 smashed pennies today.  And now I'm back in Walla Walla!!  I'm headed to bed.  I'll recap tomorrow, because I know there are some things I forgot to tell y'all...  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment