Thursday, August 9, 2012

Last Day in Concord!


Visited this museum called deCordova, which I have the hardest time pronouncing, because when I first heard it, I thought someone was saying "THE Cordova" and that just threw me all off.

Anyway, they have this sculpture garden, and you should know by now how much I LOVE sculptures!!!  I will call these what I would have named them, not what the artists called them.

But first, here's a picture of East Coast Bridget and me -

 Isn't she adorable?!?

We were at a Bonsai nursery, and I had NO IDEA how expensive they were!!  Guess how much this one is (it's maybe 2 - 3 feet tall)?

$7500!!  That's right - SEVEN - FIVE - ZERO - ZERO!!! 

Ok, now I'm at the sculpture park...

 "Fun Music Maker Thing-y"
You could walk/run/trot up and down this line of upright pipes while banging a stick against it, and it made beautiful sounds (or noise, depending on your point of view).  I did it about 10 times.

 "Two Big Ol' Hearts"
(sometimes I'm not real creative with my naming)

 "TRASH!!!"

Close-up view of "Trash".  This is one of those exhibits I see where I think, 'Really?  This is ART?!?"  Just lots of piles of old newspapers.  And my hair.

 "Toy Soldiers"
Looks likes they're made out of natural materials, but they're really metal.

 "Five Guys"
(My big head is blocking one.)

 "Chicken"

"Breakfast for 2...HUNDRED" 

 "Ohm"
This one was really called "Humming", and I may or may not have been the model for it.  I'll never tell.

 "I'm a Goofball"
Named moreso for my attempt to recreate than for the sculpture itself.

 "Bubbles"
Hard to see, but it's HUGE metal circles piled on each other, rolling down the hill.

 I don't know what to call this one.  It's a HUGE head, so I could name it based on that, but because I couldn't get close to it, it doesn't look big, but instead looks like he and I are of equal size, so I could name it something about that.

 This is a view of "Bubbles" from the top of the hill.

 "Creepy Stalker Guy"
This one really was creepy.

 "Pop Beads"

"Secret Keeper"
I was trying to take a picture that looked like I was telling this guy a secret, but it kind of looks like I'm licking his ear. 

Different view of "Secret Keeper".  This was the one sculpture that I wish I could have asked someone else to take the picture, because it was hard to get both of us in the picture, but I was one of the only people in the park at the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment