Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Guess where??

Ok, so this is unexpected, but I'm still in CONCORD!  Yes, still with the family that I didn't even know 2 days ago!  But it's all good - there's a TON of stuff to see, and we get along!

 Went to the North Bridge, which is the site of the first battle of the Revolutionary War.

 Me and a guy in garb.  You know how the Lincoln Memorial is my favorite memorial in Washington? Well, this statue was done by the same guy, but years earlier when he was TWENTY-THREE years old!!

 Then I went to the Concord Museum, and they had some CRAZY paintings that reminded me of the one from "Pet Sematary".  This one - and don't tell my sister-in-law - but this one looks just like my youngest nephew...IN A DRESS.

 I think the artist for this series got lazy and just painted the same man twice, and put a dress on him in one of the paintings.

 Went to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and saw the graves of some famous people.  They were all decorated, but I didn't leave anything.  This is Lousa May Alcott's...

 and Ralph Waldo Emerson's...

and Nathaniel Hawthorne's...

and Henry David Thoreau's.

This didn't have an inscription on it, so I don't know if it was a grave, but I thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment