Friday, July 20, 2012

Final day of 1st leg!

Safe in Carrollton! 

Yesterday really was pretty uneventful, except for breakfast; the continental breakfast at the motel was super lame, but across the street was a Chick-fil-a.  Now, I know there was also some drama in the news yesterday about Chick-fil-a, but here's a riddle for you - I order a breakfast sandwich and a Coke, and then quickly change my drink order to a Dr. Pepper.  Get my meal, sit down and proceed to eat and drink.  What's the problem?  (If my friend Julie C. is reading this, she's probably already got it.)  I AM IN SWEET TEA COUNTRY!!  I should be ordering nothing but sweet tea from Tennessee to South Carolina!!  (The ONLY exception to this rule is when eating at Waffle House, and then it is allowable to order a vanilla Coke.)  I was so sad when I realized what I'd done.

Oddly enough, I ended up eating at Chick-fil-a for dinner, too, because they were doing a benefit for the girl who lost all her limbs to the flesh-eating bacteria.  That's got to count for something, huh?

I took my time getting started because I didn't want to get to Nashville until the Willie Nelson and Friends museum opened and get a smashed penny with Willie's face that says "Always on My Mind" - aww yeah!!


And right next door was Cooter's, where I got a smashed penny with the General Lee on it.  I used to have a MAD crush on...Bo...Duke?  The blonde one.  John Schneider.  I even have (had?) an autographed picture from him!!

Other than that, I only made one other stop at Ruby Falls.  RoadsideAmerica said it was 10 bucks, and I thought 'oh, I'll spring for that', but it was 17.95 !!!  Umm, no thank you?!  Erich said it was pretty cool, but I don't know about $17.95 cool.  I got a smashed penny at the lower level, but I don't think that's a cheat since it kind of looks like the road signs you see for miles and miles on the highway.

And now I'm in Carrollton!  The next 10 days or so will be family stuff, culminating with a family reunion in Delaware the first weekend in August.  I'll post randomly if you're interested in that kind of stuff.  The 2nd leg of this roadtrip, though, will start back Sunday, August 5th.  I'll leave Delaware and head up through New England.  I should be able to fill my smashed penny book by the time I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment